Aydon Castle (Corbridge) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Craster, H.H.E., 1914. A History of Northumberland, Volume 10 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 343-66.
(3) Bates, C.J., 1891. Archaeologia Aeliana 14, 8, 10 and 15.
(4) Hadcock, R.N., 1939. Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 16, 165.
(5) Ellison, M., 1976. Archaeologia Aeliana (5th Series) 4, 133-8.
(6) Long, B., 1967. Castles of Northumberland (Newcastle upon Tyne), 55-6.
(7) Weaver, O.J., 1976. Archaeological Journal 133, 193-5.
(8) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N9957.
(9) Further information about the protected nature of this building can be obtained from here.