Apperley Dene Roman site (Broomley and Stocksfield) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Miles, D., ed 1982. The Romano-British Countryside (Oxford), 382,384.
(3) Hildyard, E.J.W., 1952. Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 30, 223-34.
(4) MacLauchlan, H., 1852. Memoir written during a survey of Watling Street (London), 18.
(5) Greene, K., 1978. Archaeologia Aeliana (5th Series) 6, 29-59.
(6) Miket, R. and Burgess, C., eds 1984. Between and Beyond the Walls (Edinburgh), 47,50.
(7) Museum of Antiquities, Newcastle Accession number 1979.48.
(8) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N9839.
(9) Further information about the protected nature of this site can be obtained from here.