Hawick shrunken settlement (Bavington) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Bates, C.J., 1891. Archaeologia Aeliana (2nd Series) 14, 46.
(3) Wrathmell, S., 1975. Deserted and Shrunken Villages in Southern Northumberland from the Twelfth to the Twentieth Centuries (PhD Thesis University of Cardiff). This is an unpublished report. Further information can be obtained from here.
(4) Long, B., 1967. Castle of Northumberland (Newcastle upon Tyne), 116.
(5) Prothero, D.H., 1994. A Survey of Kirkwhelpington and Ridsdale Areas, Northumberland, S3. This is an unpublished report. Further information can be obtained from here.
(6) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N9548.