Bronze Age cairn at Catcherside (Kirkwhelpington) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Ball, T., 1923-4. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle (4th Series) 1, 228.
(3) Dodds, M.H., 1940. A History of Northumberland, Volume 15 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 51.
(4) Gibson, A.M., 1978. Bronze Age Pottery in the North-East of England (Oxford), 80-1.
(5) Cowie, T.G., 1978. Bronze Age Food Vessel Urns (Oxford), 88-90, 146.
(6) British Museum accession number 79.12-9.1463.