The Old Gaol (Hexham) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Hinds, A.B., 1896. A History of Northumberland, vol.3 (Newcastle), 225-35.
(3) Hodges, C.C. and Gibson, J., 1919. Hexham and its Abbey (Hexham), 126, 130-1.
(4) Ryder, P., 1994. Archaeologia Aeliana (5th Series) 22, 185-217.
(5) Ryder, P.F., 1995. Towers and Bastles in Northumberland, part 4 Tynedale District, vol 2, 95-6. This is an unpublished report. Further information can be obtained from here.
(6) Further information about the protected nature of this building can be found here.