Branshaw Bastle and Branshaw deserted medieval village (Otterburn) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Ramm, H.G., McDowall, R.W. and Mercer, E., 1970. Shielings and Bastles (London).
(3) Sanderson, R.P., 1891. Survey of the Debateable and Border Lands, 81-115.
(4) Armstrong, 1769. A Map of the County of Northumberland.
(5) Charlton, D.B. and Day, J.C., 1979. Archaeologia Aeliana (5th Series) 7, 211.
(6) Long, B., 1967. Castles of Northumberland (Newcastle upon Tyne), 74.
(7) Further information about the protected nature of this site can be obtained from here.