Birtley Castle (Birtley) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Hodgson, J.C., 1897. A History of Northumberland, Volume 4 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 361.
(3) Hadcock, R.N., 1939. Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 16, 165.
(4) Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle (2nd Series) 4 (1889-90) 106.
(5) Tomlinson, W.W., 1902. Comprehensive Guide to Northumberland (London), 231.
(6) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N7767.
(7) Long, B., 1967. Castles of Northumberland (Newcastle upon Tyne), 68.
(8) Further information about the protected nature of this building can be obtained from here.