Keys to the Past

Medieval chapel at Falstone (Falstone) - Source of Reference

The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.

(1) Dodds, M.H., 1940. A History of Northumberland, Volume 15 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 256-62.
(2) Collingwood, W.G., 1927. Northumbrian Corsses of the pre-Norman Age (Llanerch), 165.
(3) Cramp, R., 1984. Corpus of Anglo-Saxon Sculptured Stone in England (Oxford), 172-3.
(4) Cramp, R. and Miket, R., 1982. Catalogue of the Anglo-Saxon and Viking Antiquities in the Museum of Antiquities Newcastle upon Tyne(Newcastle upon Tyne), 24-5.
(5) Hodgson, J.C., 1916. Archaeologia Aeliana (3rd Series) 13, 14.
(6) Hodgson, J.C., 1828. History of Northumberland, Part 3, Volume 2 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 231.
(7) Hall, R.G., 1889. Archaeologia Aeliana (2nd Series) 13, 267-9.
(8) Wood, J., 1822. Archaeologia Aeliana (1st Series) 1, 103-4.
(9) Haigh, R.D., 1867. Archaeologia Aeliana (2nd Series) 1, 155 and 192.
(10) Carr Ellison, R., 1876. Archaeologia Aeliana (2nd Series) 7, 272-3.
(11) Museum of Antiquities Newcastle, Accession number 1814.23.
(12) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N6965.