Staward Pele (Haydon) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Selkirk, R., 1988. The 255 Degree Line. This is an unpublished report. Further information can be obtained from here.
(3) Birley, E., 1950. Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 28, 132-6 and 139-40.
(4) Hughill, R., 1939. Borderland Castles and Peles (Morpeth), 174-5.
(5) Ramm, H.G., McDowall, R.W. and Mercer, E. 1970. Shielings and Bastles (London), 88, no.45.
(6) Long, B., 1967. Castles of Northumberland (Newcastle upon Tyne), 160.
(7) Further information about the protected nature of this site can be obtained from here.