Millstone Burn cup and ring marked stones (Longframlington; Edlingham) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Hewitt, I., 1992. Prehistoric Rock Motifs in Great Britain, 27. This is an unpublished report. Further information can be obtained from here.
(3) van Hoek, M.A.M., 1991. Archaeologia Aeliana (5th Series) 19, 7-16.
(4) Dodds, M.H., 1940. A History of Northumberland, Volume 15 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 62.
(5) Newbigin, E.R., 1938-46. History of the Berwickshire Naturalists Club 30, 33-6.
(6) Aitchison, W., 1947-52. History of the Berwickshire Naturalists Club 32, 50.
(7) Newbigin, E.R., c.1930. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle (4th Series) 8, 231-2.
(8) Beckensall, S., 1983. Northumberland's Prehistoric Rock Carvings (Rothbury), 51, 190-1 and 194-6.
(9) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N4226.