Shawdon Hall, Hedgeley (Hedgeley) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Dodds, M.H., 1935. A History of Northumberland, Volume 14 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 554-9.
(3) Hodgson, J.C., 1820. History of Northumberland, Part 3, Volume 1 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 27.
(4) Bates, C.J., 1891. Archaeologia Aeliana (2nd Series) 14, 12,15 and 42.
(5) Hodgson, J.C., 1828. History of Northumberland, Part 3, Volume 2 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 210.
(6) Further information about the protected nature of this building can be obtained from here.
(7) Wills, M, 2007. 'William Newton - an elusive practitioner', Archaeologia Aeliana 5th series 36, 275-308