Bronze Age settlement and field system near Soulby Shiel (Cartington) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Beckensall, S., 1983. Northumberland's Prehistoric Rock Carvings (Rothbury), 51, 196.
(3) Hogg, A.H.A., 1947. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle (4th Series) 11, 166.
(4) Dixon, D.D., 1903. Upper Coquetdale (Newcastle upon Tyne), 149-50.
(5) Dodds, M.H., 1940. A History of Northumberland, Volume 15 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 51, 61.
(6) Brewis, P. and Honeyman, 1933-34. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle (4th Series) 6, 329.
(7) Brewis, P. and Dixon, D., 1915-16. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle (3rd Series) 7, 43.
(8) Macpherson-Grant, 1971. Council for British Archaeology Group 3 Newsbulletin 12, 18.
(9) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N2937.
(10) Further information about the protected nature of this site can be obtained from here.