Callaly Castle (Whittingham and Callaly) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Hadcock, R.N., 1939. Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 16, 188.
(3) Bates, C.J., 1891. Archaeologia Aeliana (2nd Series) 14, 14 and 42.
(4) Dodds, M.H., 1935. A History of Northumberland, Volume 14 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 529-32.
(5) Dixon, D.D., 1895. Whittingham Vale (Newcastle upon Tyne), 133.
(6) Hugill, R., 1939. Borderland Castles and Peles (London), 51.
(7) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N2751.
(8) Further information about the protected nature of this building can be obtained from here.