West Plain henge near Milfield (Ewart) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Waddington, C., 1998. Archaeology in Northumberland 1997-1998, 34-5.
(3) Atkinson, R.J.C., 1949-50. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland 84, 64-5.
(4) This site was seen on an aerial photographs (Ref: DD008 014 GT 0066 Cambridge University). Further infromation about looking at a copy of this photograph can be obtained from the home page.
(5) Harding, A.F. with Lee, G.E., 1987. Henge Monuments and Related Sites of Great Britain (Oxford), 202-5.
(6) Harding, A.F., 1979. Universities of Durham and Newcastle upon Tyne Archaeological Reports for 1978, 7.
(7) Waddington, C., 1995. Interim report on the 1995 excavation of the Coupland Enclosure and associated 'droveway' in the Milfield Plain, Northumberland. This is an unpublished report. Further information can be obtained from here.
(8) Rushton, S., 1996. Archaeology in Northumberland 1995-1996, 24-5.
(9) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N2025.