The Ringles defended settlement (Cheviotside) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Dodds, M.H., 1935. A History of Northumberland, Volume 14 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 64.
(3) MacLauchlan, H., 1867. Notes not included in the memoirs already published on Roman roads in Northumberland (London), 43-4.
(4) Jobey, G., 1965. Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 43, 61 no.33.
(5) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N1738.
(6) Further information about the protected nature of this site can be obtained from here.