Yeavering Bell (Kirknewton) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Further information about the protected nature of this monument can be found here.
(3) Piddocke, M.M. History of the Berwickshire Naturalists Club 29/1, 3-4
(4) History of the Berwickshire Naturalists Club 24 (1919-22), 455-6
(5) Tate, G. 1858-62. History of the Berwickshire Naturalists Club 4, 431-49
(6) MacLauchlan, H. 1867. Notes not included in the memoirs already published on Roman roads in Northumberland (Alnwick), 22-33
(7) Jobey, G. 1962. Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 40, 34
(8) Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 43, 31-2, fig.8
(9) Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 43, 62, no.69
(10) Oswald, A, Ainsworth, A and Pearson, T, 2008. 'Iron Age hillforts in their landscape contexts: a fresh look at the field evidence in the Northumberland Cheviots', Archaeologia Aeliana 5th series 37, 1-45