West Hill camp (Kirknewton) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Oswald, A., March 2000. Northumberland Archaeological Group News, 1.
(3) Oswald, A., Jecock, M. and Ainsworth, S., 2000. An Iron Age hillfort and its environs on West Hill, Northumberland. Survey Report (English Heritage). This is an unpublished report. Further information can be obtained from here.
(4) MacLauchlan, H., 1919-20. History of the Berwickshire Naturalists Club 24, 469.
(5) Hogg, A.H.A., 1947. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle (4th Series) 11.
(6) Jobey, G., 1965. Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 43, 61 no.22.
(7) Jobey, G., 1964. Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 42, 52, 54, 56 and 63.
(8) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N1417.
(9) Further information about the protected nature of this site can be obtained from here.
(10) Oswald, A, Ainsworth, A and Pearson, T, 2008. 'Iron Age hillforts in their landscape contexts: a fresh look at the field evidence in the Northumberland cheviots', Archaeologia Aeliana 5th series 37, 1-45