High Knowes palisaded settlement (Alnham) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Chapman, J.C. and Mytum, H.C. (eds.) 1983. Settlement in North Britain 1000BC to AD1000, British Archaeological Reports 118 (Oxford), 37
(3) Jobey, G. 1974. A Field Guide to Prehistoric Northumberland, part 2 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 39-40, no.34
(4) Gates, T. 1978. Aerial Archaeology 2, 82
(5) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N1347.
(6) Further information about the protected nature of this site can be obtained from here.