Brinkburn Priory mill and gateway (Brinkburn and Hesleyhurst) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N11328.
(3) Clark, A.B.E., 1976. Archaeological Journal 133, 145.
(4) Ryder, P.F., 1992. Brinkburn Priory Mill, the priory gatehouse interim report. This is an unpublished report. Further information can be obtained from here.
(5) Hodgson, J.C., 1904. A History of Northumberland, Volume 7 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 487.
(6) Page, W., ed 1892. Publications of the Surtees Society 90, 13.
(7) Johnson, R.J., 1866. Transactions of the Durham and Northumberland Architectural and Archaeological Society 1, 104.
(8) Knowles, D. and St Joseph, J.K.S., 1952. Monastic Sites from the Air (Cambridge), 191-2.
(9) Further information about the protected nature of this site can be obtained from here.