Bronze Age cairn, The Fawns (Kirkwhelpington) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Greenwell, W., 1877. British Barrows (Oxford), 202, 210, 433.
(3) Dodds, M.H., 1940. A History of Northumberland volume 15 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 52.
(4) Beckensall, S., 1983. Northumberland's Prehistoric Rock Carvings (Rothbury), 53 and 218.
(5) Beckensall, S., 1992. Prehistoric Rock Motifs of Northumberland, Volume 2 (Hexham), 62 and 63.
(6) Gibson, A.M., 1978. Bronze Age Pottery in the North-East of England (Oxford), 97.
(7) Further information about the protected nature of this site can be obtained from here.