Capheaton Hall and castle (Capheaton) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Hodgson, J.C., 1827. History of Northumberland, Part 2, Volume 1 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 213-30.
(3) Long, B., 1967. Castles of Northumberland (Newcastle upon Tyne), 79.
(4) Riches, A., 1976. Archaeological Journal 133, 169-73.
(5) Pevsner, N., et al 1992. The Buildings of England: Northumberland (London), 211.
(6) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N10481.
(7) Further information about the protected nature of this building can be obtained from here.
(8) Wills, M, 2007. 'William Newton - an elusive practitioner', Archaeologia Aeliana 5th series 36, 275-308