Hartburn unenclosed settlement (Hartburn) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Joseph, J.K.St., 1969. Journal of Roman Studies 59, 107.
(3) Jobey, G., 1972. Archaeological Newsbulletin of Northumberland, Cumbria and Westmorland 13, 7-8.
(4) Northern Archaeological Survey, 1975. Archaeology in the North: gazetteer (Durham), 123.
(5) Chapman, J.C. and Mytum, H.C., eds, 1983. Settlement in North Britain 1000BC to AD1000 (Oxford), 40 and 125 no.91.
(6) Jobey, G., 1973. Archaeologia Aeliana (5th Series) 1, 11-53.
(7) Clack, P. and Haselgrove, S., eds, 1982. Rural Settlement in the Roman North (Newcastle upon Tyne), 49, 80 and 104.
(8) This site was seen on aerial photographs (Ref: Cambridge University F5 and E89). Further details about looking at a copy of these photographs can be obtained from the home page.
(9) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N10449.