Prudhoe Castle (Prudhoe) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Further information about the protected nature of this building can be found here. Further information about the protected nature of this site can be found here.
(3) Long, B., 1967. Castles of Northumberland (Newcastle upon Tyne), 147-8.
(4) Thackray, D.W.R. and Keen, L.J., 1975. Council for British Archaeology Group 3 Newsbulletin 10, 9-10.
(5) Tomlinson, W., 1888. A Comprehensive Guide to Northumberland (London), 95-6
(6) Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 22 (1944), 153-5
(7) Pevsner, N. et al, 1992. The Buildings of England: Northumberland (London), 545-6.
(8) Dodds, M.H,. 1926. A History of Northumberland, volume 12 (Newcastle), 79-135.
(9) Dower, R, Geddes, J and Sherlock, D, 2004. "The gates of Prudhoe Castle", Archaeologia Aeliana 5th series 33, 77-88.