Keys to the Past

Church of St Mary (Ovingham) - Source of Reference

The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.

(1) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N10117.
(2) Fisher, E.A., 1969. Anglo-Saxon Towers (Newton Abbot), 174.
(3) Pevsner, N., 1957. The Buildings of England: Northumberland (London), 273-4.
(4) Ross, A., 1973. Archaeologia Aeliana (5th Series) 1, 1-2.
(5) Bailey, R.N., 1976. Archaeological Journal 33, 205.
(6) Dodds, M.H., 1926. A History of Northumberland, Volume 12 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 12.
(7) Taylor, H.M. and J., 1965. Anglo-Saxon Architecture (Cambridge), 478-9.
(8) Cramp, R., 1984. Corpus of Anglo-Saxon Stone Sculpture in England (Oxford), 215-16.
(9) Kerr, N. and M., 1982. A Guide to Anglo-Saxon Sites (London), 26.