Styford deserted medieval village (Bywell) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Hodgson, J.C., 1902. A History of Northumberland, Volume 6 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 232-8,249.
(3) Hadcock, R.N., 1939. Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 16, 163.
(4) Wrathmell, S., 1975. Deserted and Shrunken Villages in Southern Northumberland from the Twelfth to the Twentieth Centuries (PhD Thesis Cardiff), 501-2. This is an unpublished report. Further information can be obtained from here.
(5) Beresford, M. and Hurst, J.G., 1989. Deserted Medieval Villages (Gloucester), 200.
(6) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N10068.