Keys to the Past

Church of St Andrew (Bywell) - Source of Reference

The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.

(1) Bailey, R.N., 1976. Archaeological Journal 133, 203-4.
(2) Kerr, N. and M., 1982. A Guide to Anglo-Saxon Sites (London), 25-6.
(3) Fisher, E.A., 1969. Anglo-Saxon Towers (Newton Abbot), 154.
(4) Hodgson, J.C., 1902. A History of Northumberland, Volume 6 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 241-9.
(5) Holmes, R.E., 1938. Bywell and its Twin Churches (Hexham), 6-7,22.
(6) Cramp, R., 1984. Corpus of Anglo-Saxon Stone Sculpture in England (Oxford), 168.
(7) Briggs, H.D., Cambridge, E. and Bailey, R.N., 1983. Archaeologia Aeliana (5th Series) 11, 80,82.
(8) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N10062.
(9) Further information about the protected nature of this building can be obtained from here.