Bywell shrunken medieval village (Bywell) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Hodgson, J.C., 1902. A History of Northumberland, Volume 6 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 87-93,105.
(3) Wrathmell, S., 1975. Deserted and Shrunken Villages in Southern Northumberland from the Twelfth to the Twentieth Centuries (PhD Thesis Cardiff), 328-9. This is an unpublished report. Further information can be obtained from here.
(4) Beresford, M. and Hurst, J.G., eds 1989. Deserted Medieval Villages (Gloucester), 198.
(5) Northern Archaeological Survey, 1975. Archaeology in the North: gazetteer (Durham), 122.
(6) Youngs, S.M., Clark, J. and Barry, T., 1987. Medieval Archaeology 31, 154.
(7) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N10054.