Bellister Castle near Haltwhistle (Featherstone) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Ryder, P.F., 1995. Towers and Bastles in Northumberland, Part 4 Tynedale District, Volume 1, 65-6. This is an unpublished report. Further information can be obtained from here.
(3) Pevsner, N., 1957. The Buildings of England: Northumberland (London), 85.
(4) Hodgson, J.C., 1828. History of Northumberland, Part 3, Volume 2 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 217.
(5) Tomlinson, W.W., 1902. Comprehensive Guide to Northumberland (Newton Abbot), 170.
(6) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N6685.
(7) Further information about the protected nature of this building can be obtained from here.