Carvoran Roman fort (Greenhead) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Birley, E., 1961. Research on Hadrian's Wall (Kendal), 193-6 and 266-7.
(3) Hassall, M.W.C. and Tomlin, R.S.O., 1979. Britannia 10, 346.
(4) Frere, S.S., 1986. Britannia 17, 381.
(5) Berriman, A.E., 1956. Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 34, 130.
(6) Mann, J.C., 1984. Archaeologia Aeliana (5th Series) 12, 242-4.
(7) Biggins, A. and Robinson, J., 2001. 'Hadrian's Wall research - looking beneath the soil', Archaeology in Northumberland 2000-2001, 41.
(8) Further information about the protected nature of this site can be obtained form here.
(9) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N6051.