Craster Tower (Craster) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Bates, C.J., 1891. Archaeologia Aeliana (2nd Series) 14, 12 and 19.
(3) Bateson, E., 1895. A History of Northumberland, Volume 2 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 167-8.
(4) Long, B., 1967. Castles of Northumberland (Newcastle upon Tyne), 89.
(5) Ryder, P.F., 1995. Towers and Bastles in Northumberland, Part 1 Alnwick District, 13-14. This is an unpublished report. Further information can be obtained from here.
(6) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N5668.
(7) Further information about the protected nature of this site can be obtained from here.
(8) Wills, M, 2007. 'William Newton - an elusive practitioner', Archaeologia Aeliana 5th series 36, 275-308