Alnwick Town Walls (Alnwick) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Turner, H.L. 1971. Town Defences in England and Wales (London, 97-8
(3) Tomlinson, W.W., 1888. Comprehensive Guide to Northumberland (Newcastle upon Tyne), 374
(4) Conzen, M.R.G. 1969. Alnwick, Northumberland, A Study in Town Plan Analysis
(5) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N4497.
(6) Williams, E, 2000. 'Archaeological notes - 2001, North Northumberland. Alnwick, Greenwell Road', History of the Berwickshire Naturalists' Club 48, part 3, 285
(7) Reed, D, 2002. 'Just another "ashlar block" in the wall?', Archaeology in Northumberland 2001-2002, 9-10
(8) Williams, E, 2002. 'Archaeological notes - 2001, North Northumberland. Holy Island', History of the Berwickshire Naturalists' Club 49, part 1, 55