Cartington Castle (Cartington) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Hadcock, R.N., 1939. Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 16, 181.
(3) Hodgson, J.C., 1916. Archaeologia Aeliana (3rd Series) 13, 12.
(4) Bates, C.J., 1891. Archaeologia Aeliana (2nd Series) 14, 44.
(5) Hodgson, J.C., 1820. History of Northumberland, Part 3, Volume 1 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 29.
(6) Dodds, M.H., 1940. A History of Northumberland, Volume 15 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 375-80.
(7) Dixon, D.D., 1903. Upper Coquetdale (Newcastle upon Tyne), 352-6,359-60.
(8) Richardson, M.A., 1843. Local Historians Table Book 3 (History), 290.
(9) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N2832.
(10) Further information about the protected nature of this site can be obtained from here.