Brinkburn Priory (Brinkburn and Hesleyhurst) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(2) Johnson, R.J., 1866. Transactions of the Durham and Northumberland Architectural and Archaeological Society 1, 103-8.
(3) Knowles, D. and St Joseph, J.K.S., 1952. Monastic Sites from the Air (Cambridge), 191-2.
(4) Cadogan, C.H., 1887-9. History of the Berwickshire Naturalists Club 12, 119-24.
(5) History of the Berwickshire Naturalists Club 21 (1909-11), 130-4.
(6) Wilson, F.R., 1856-62. History of the Berwickshire Naturalists Club 4, 139-45.
(7) Unpublished sources were used to create this record. For further information about these sources please contact us quoting the following reference number:N11306.
(8) Hodgson, J.C., 1904. A History of Northumberland, Volume 7 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 455-92.
(9) Clark, A.B.E., 1976. Archaeological Journal 133, 140-5.
(10) Ryder, P.F., 1992. Brinkburn Priory Mill: the priory gatehouse interim report. This is an unpublished report. Further information can be obtained from here.
(11) Davies, J.F. and Manning, T., 1997. Wall Painting Condition Audit, Brinkburn Priory, Northumberland (Ancient Monuments Laboratory 30/97. This is an unpublished report. Further information can be obtained from here.
(12) Knowles, D. and Hadcock, R.N., 1953. The Medieval Religious Houses of England and Wales (London), 129.
(13) Hodgson, J.C., 1820. History of Northumberland, Part 3, Volume 1 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 354.
(14) Hodgson, J.C., 1835. History of Northumberland, Part 3, Volume 3 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 47,49,59,61 and 80.
(15) Page, W., ed 1892. 'The chartulary of Brinkburn Priory', Publications of the Surtees Society 90, 1-224.
(16) Tanner, T., 1787. Notitia Monasticum (Cambridge), Northum No.VII.
(17) Binnall, P.B.G. and Dodds, M.H., 1942. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle (4th Series) 10, 23-4.
(18) Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle (2nd Series) 10 (1902), 199 and 207.
(19) Further information about the protected nature of this site can be obtained from here.