Black Hedley shrunken medieval village (Shotley Low Quarter)
A settlement is first recorded at Black Hedley in the 13th century. It was part of the township of Shotley and was described as a hamlet in the 14th century. The remains of a possible rectangular building or enclosure survive as an earthwork as well as medieval ridge and furrow cultivation remains.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)
Medieval (1066 to 1540)
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Shotley Low Quarter