Low Carrick farmstead remains (Elsdon)
The remains of a substantial farmstead, with yards and enclosures, stand by the Elsdon Burn. This is the ruined farmstead of Low Carrick. The farmstead is first recorded in 1693, when it appears in the Elsdon Parish Registers. It was reputedly a school house attended by local children, but no documentary evidence has been found to confirm this.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)|
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Elsdon