Headshope Farm (Hepple)
Twenty nine boundary stones are marked on a map of Headhope Farm in 1787, which shows the complicated divisions between the three owners. Sixteen of the stones can still be seen and have various combinations of the letters CCF, RRR and WL carved on them. These stand for C F Forster, R Redhead and W. Lowes, the three landowners. Such internal boundaries are also found at Silloans Farm.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)|
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Hepple