Middlerigg Farm (Kirkwhelpington)
Middlerigg Farm was built in the 18th century, but went out of use by 1796. Today the farmhouse is ruined and the foundations are used as a sheep pen. Approximately nine rectangular buildings can be seen nearby as earthworks. Ridge and furrow plough marks survive around the remains of the farm buildings.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)|
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Kirkwhelpington