The `Gun Stone', a post-medieval farm boundary stone (Kirkwhelpington; Elsdon)
This post-medieval farm boundary stone is known as the `Gun Stone'. It marks the boundary between Ottercops and Kirkwhelpington farms. It is carved with the letters `WT', for Walter Trevelyan, who owned Ottercops in the 18th century, and DN , for the unknown owner of Kirkwhelpington.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)|
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Elsdon
Local History of Kirkwhelpington