This is the site of the shrunken medieval village of Beuclay, which was first recorded in 1295-6. The village appears to have shrunk by the mid-17th century. The ruins of a pele are shown on a map of 1769. The village has been much affected by quarrying, though some slight earthwork remains and an area of ridge and furrow are visible.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)
Medieval (1066 to 1540)
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Wall