This is the site of the shrunken medieval village of Keepwick. It was first recorded in the 13th century, when a tithe barn was built here. The Scots attacked the settlement in the late 14th century. There were only two houses here by 1666. A farm now stands on the site of the village. Several earthwork remains can be seen nearby.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)
Medieval (1066 to 1540)
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Wall