This is the site of the deserted medieval village of Cocklaw. Although a village was recorded here in the late 13th century all that survives now is a farmstead, though the earthwork remains of possible earlier buildings can be seen to the north.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)
Medieval (1066 to 1540)
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Wall