Church of St Oswald (Wall)
The present parish church of St Oswald is of 18th century date. Though a church was first recorded here in 1310. Inside is a second or third century Roman altar, which had been used as the base of a stone cross outside the church. The building is a Grade II Listed Building protected by law.
|Historical period:||Roman (43 to 410)
Early Medieval (410 to 1066)
Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)
Medieval (1066 to 1540)
|Legal status:||Listed Building|
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Wall