Fishponds north-west of Walwick Grange Farm (Warden)
These are the remains of four medieval fishponds on level ground to the west bank of the North Tyne. They are all connected to form one group. A stream running immediately south of the fishponds was probably used to supply water to the ponds. The ponds would have been used for keeping and breeding fish for food. This is a Scheduled Monument protected by law.
|Historical period:||Medieval (1066 to 1540)|
|Legal status:||Scheduled Ancient Monument|
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Warden