Byrness Mill (Rochester and Byrness)
The foundations of Byrness Mill survives as earthworks and comprise a one-roomed building 7.4m by 3.8m. Nearby is a corn drying kiln and a possible mill race. The earliest documentary record of the mill is in Elsdon Parish Register for 1687.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)|
|Event(s):||DESK BASED ASSESSMENT, An archaeological desk-based assessment at Biminy Lake Lodges, Byrness 2016; The Archaeological Practice|
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Rochester and Byrness