Wark Park (Wark)
This is the site of a medieval hunting park. It was first recorded in 1293 and in 1307 its control was given to Robert de Cotingham, the Rector of Simonburn. The boundary of the park ran from the bank of the Tyne at Park End and came round to Gofton Bu
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)
Medieval (1066 to 1540)
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Wark