This is the site of the shrunken medieval village of Fourstones. It was first recorded in 1296. Although the village contained about 20 houses in 1736, it had shrunk to about half this size by 1844. The village has increased in size again due to modern housing.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)
Medieval (1066 to 1540)
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Warden