Side deserted medieval village (Newbrough and Fourstones)
The earliest record of a settlement at Side is in the 13th century when it is recorded in the Iter of Wark for 1279. Side was described as a hamlet in the 14th century but only a single farm existed there by 1767. Side is now known as Greyside and there are no earthwork remains of former settlement.
|Historical period:||Medieval (1066 to 1540)|
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Newbrough and Fourstones