Settlingstones Tower (Newbrough and Fourstones)
In medieval times there was a tower at Settlingstones. It is recorded in a list of defences made in 1541 and belonged to William Carnaby. There is no trace of this tower in the farm buildings at Settlingstones or on the ground around.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)
Medieval (1066 to 1540)
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Newbrough and Fourstones