Haydon shrunken medieval village (Haydon)
The original village of Haydon was clustered around the Old Church. Nothing but a few earthworks and two farmsteads are now visible where, according to a document written in 1365, there were once 15 husbandlands, eleven cottages and three `free' husbandlands.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)
Medieval (1066 to 1540)
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Haydon