Falstone Farm (Falstone)
Falstone Farm is built around a 17th century bastle. The bastle was probably built in 1604, the date inscribed above a doorway, and has been heightened in the 18th century and extended in the 19th century. The bastle part of the farmhouse measures 11m by 7m and has walls about 1.4m thick built of massive stones. Although the original building was only two storeys high it is unusually tall. Inside the bastle the ground floor, or basement as it is usually called, is covered by a barrel vault. A number of original features are visible inside, such as stone cupboards and small blocked. This is a Grade II Listed Building protected by law.
|Historical period:||Post Medieval (1540 to 1901)|
|Legal status:||Listed Building|
The Historic maps option is only available when the map scale is between 2500 and 10000.
Source of Reference
Local History of Falstone